Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor stands in the way of sinners, nor sits in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the Lord and in his law he meditates day and night… (Psa 1:1,2)
Song: You can only be blessed and have peace and sweet rest, when you yield Him your body and soul.
Being blessed of God means a person enjoys God’s favor, approval and empowerment. Here are a few guidelines for enjoying the full blessing of God and then being an instrument to be a blessing to your Jerusalem, Judea, Samaria and on to the utter most parts of the earth.
1. SATURATE yourself with the word of God. Fill up your thoughts, attitudes and conversations with things that found in God’s word. Let His word richly dwell in your goals, your interactions and your daily
conversations. Meditation involves hearing, reflecting and readjusting our entire lifestyle in obedience to God’s perfect will. Avoid anything that will distract you from filling your thoughts with what is true, noble, right, pure, lovely, excellent, admirable or praise-worthy.
2. SITUATE yourself by the living word. Jesus said, “He who believes in me, from His inner most being will flow living of living water.”(John 7:38) Know that your meditation is a communion with the Savior, Redeemer, Restorer and Rebuilder. Spend time with the Lord in His word and prayer every morning before you walk out the front door. David wrote, “Let me hear your loving-kindness in the morning. Make to know the path in which I should walk for to you I lift up my soul.” (Psa 143;8)
3. SATISFY yourself with God’s word, His will and His way. It is not enough to merely think good thoughts but we find our greatest satisfaction completing His will for our lives through obedience to His will. Jesus said, “My food is to do the will of Him who sent me.” (John 4:34)Jesus said, “Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness for they will be satisfied.” (Matt 5:8)
4. SEPARATE yourself from the world. The psalmist warns us not to sit, walk or stand with the ungodly. Let there be no fellowship with people of ungodliness. Paul wrote, “Flee the evil desires of youth and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of pure heart. Don’t have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they produce quarrels… Those who oppose him he must gently instruct, in the hope that God will grant them repentance leading them to knowledge of the truth and that they will come to their senses and escape from the trap of the devil, who has taken them captive to do his will.” (2 Tim. 2:22-26)
5. SANCTIFY yourself in the truth. Jesus said, “Sanctify them in your truth. Your word is truth.” (John 17:7) Let the word of God cleanse your thoughts, your motives and your perceptions.
6. SUBMIT yourself to God. Realize that it is a continually need that we have to relinquish our rights to the Lord. Ask the Lord to help you readjust your heart, soul, strength and mind to please the Lord in all respects so you may bear fruit in every good work and increase in the knowledge of God. This will allow you to be strengthened with all power according to His glorious might. For the obtaining of all steadfastness and patience with joy. (Col. 1;9-11)
7. STAND firmly on His promises. “Seeing that His divine power has granted to us everything pertaining to life and godliness through the true knowledge of Him who calls us by His own glory and excellence. For by these He has granted to us His precious and magnificent promises in order that by them you might escape corruption that is in the world by lust.” (2 Pet. 1:3,4) Know and be firmly sure that His promises will not fail you until all of God’s work is completed in and through you.
8. SUCCEED through the power of His word, His Spirit and His will. “For he will be like a tree planted by the rivers of water. His leaf will not wither and whatever He does will prosper.” (Psa 1;5,6) Know that the best way to succeed is to meditate on God’s word for greater growth in your obedience to His total will. Then you will make your ways prosperous and then you will have good success.” (Josh 1:8)
9. SEE spiritual purposes in every situation. Every problem that we face can be an opportunity to draw upon the goodness of the Lord. Instead of thinking that we deserve a utopia here on earth, the Lord allows the spiritually mature to overcome the hardships, dry times and disappointments of life. God allows those who meditate on His word to have the mind of Christ. Ask the Lord to help you perceive all of life through the eyes of God’s perspective given to you by a Spirit fill life. The mind-set on the flesh is death but the mind-set on the Spirit is life and peace. (Rom. 8:6-8)
10. STABILIZE yourself when you are worried, anxious or unsure of your direction. God told Isaiah, “He will keep you in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on Thee, because He trusts in Thee.” (Isa 26:3) Jesus said, “In the world, you will have tribulation but be of good cheer for I have overcome the world.” (John 16:31-33)
Inspired by Paul Fritz – Sermon Central
Follow us on Facebook