Do you ever feel God blesses everyone but you? Do you feel as though God teases you with the prospect of being blessed only to give that blessing to someone else? Are you tired of looking through the window of your desire only to see others living that dream?
You pray for the job promotion but it’s given to a co-worker. Your dream school sends you a letter politely telling you to go away but your best friend is immediately accepted into hers. It feels as if your dreams are on the verge of being fulfilled but are instantly yanked away, sending your emotions on a wild rollercoaster ride.
Well, today I want you to open your mind and heart to attempt to understand the ways of the Lord. God clearly stated in His word, “My thoughts are not your thoughts neither My ways your ways” (Isaiah 55:8). With this in mind, we must remember that all things work together for the good of those that love the Lord (Romans 8:).
So, why do we get right in position to receive a blessing, but it ends up vanishing right before our eyes? Listed below are a few things we must consider when situations happen that we don’t understand:
1. You’re Not Ready. Ecclesiastes 3 tells us there is a time for everything and sometimes that means waiting. If we look back, we might see that we weren’t mature enough emotionally and spiritually to handle that dream. Christ wouldn’t have been represented properly and possibly we would have burned-out
2. You’re too far ahead of God. Isaiah 30:21 tells us we have a voice that tells us which way to turn. If we are so far ahead of God , God has to use closed doors to slow us down to His timing
3. Not Grateful. 2 Timothy 3:2 tells us that people will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy. If we possess any sign of self-gratification and not demonstrate to God that we are grateful for the finances, health and other blessings He has showered us with, then those blessings we so much desire will continue to be delayed
4. Using Comparisons. Galatians 6:4 tells us let everyone be sure to do his very best, for then he will have the personal satisfaction of work done well and won’t need to compare himself with someone else. God blesses us as individuals based on our needs and according to what we can handle. As long as we continue looking over the fence into our neighbors yard shaking our head asking the question why is their grass greener than mines, our blessings will again be delayed
5. Forget About God. Jeremiah 2:15 tells us for my people have committed two evils; they have forsaken me. Sometimes God will simply not allow us to obtain certain desires of our heart because it will cause us to leave Him. For example, some desire to win the lottery and will pray to the Lord asking that He bless them to win it, but God who is all-knowing knows our future and knows that if winning the lottery it would change who we are and our relationship with Him
In conclusion, we must examine ourselves and truthfully understand who we are in God. It is our own actions and secret thoughts of our hearts that keep us from our blessings. But I also want you to keep this in mind; what we may view as a blessing could very well manifest itself as a curse and wouldn’t you want God to close that door to spare you from unnecessary harm and headaches?
Follow us on Facebook
Get your ‘FREE’ yearly digital subscription of Blessed Magazine today at www.blessedmagazine.org! Give as a gift to inspire and encourage all year-long!