Have you ever felt as though you were losing the battle to get closer to Jesus? You pray, fast, read the bible and go to church, but there is no sign of victory in sight…
Only in church do you feel some sort of connection, but away from church, life is just bland, no feeling of His spirit…you just feel empty inside!
What Am I Doing Wrong?
Is it necessary to pray all day long? Read the bible all day? Fast every day? Go to church every day?
At this point in my life, I need real answers! Not antidotes or pacifiers, but real genuine answers…
Everyone is different in their walk with the Lord and only you can truly answer your own question. But, ask yourself (and be honest) am I seeking God the way He desires? Jesus stated in John 4:24 – “God is a Spirit: and they that worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth”
Are you truly communing with God? Are you worshiping Him? Do you daily ask God to forgive you of your sins? Do you treat others with love? This list can go on and on. It would be impossible to pinpoint a specific reason as to what; if anything you are doing wrong because only you can answer this question
Here are a few suggestions…
1. Put Jesus First in Your Life: Submit yourself to Him. Humbly cry out to God and repent, He will hear you and He will hear you and speak to you and help you like He did for me. But you have to put Jesus first in your life,and seek a relationship with Him, and you will know His voice.
2. Seek Jesus in prayer. Cry out to Him, He will hear you and answer if you mean it! So ask Jesus to save you and forgive you of your sins and wash you whiter than snow and LEAVE ALL your sins. Jesus will give you peace, a deep peace and instantly the depression and the darkness will simply disappear. It did for me…
3. Wait for Jesus to talk to you. Jesus will talk to you, when you talk to Him. He will show you how you need to abide with Him, and lay your faith in Him and leave your way. He will show you that, to be serious, one has to lay aside their own way and take up their cross and follow Him!
4. Repent: of sins. Jesus will let you know that he forgives all sins in the past, and if we make mistakes. He will show you that no sin enters the kingdom of heaven and that only if we repent and come to Him for a personal relationship can we enter the narrow gate to life!..
5. Listen and let Jesus show you the truth. Jesus is real and He lives in heaven and can hear and speak to us. Read Jesus words in the Bible. Ask Him to open your understanding of His words as you read, but most importantly, you must obey His word
A very important note as we close. STOP allowing Satan to put negative thoughts in your mind. The enemy wants you to feel as though you are not getting closer to Jesus. He wants you to feel as though nothing you are doing is working, but these are his lies. The bible would not have stated in James 4:8 – Draw nigh to God, and He will draw nigh to you… This is a promise you can stand on because God is not a liar as Satan is. Keep your faith in Jesus and His words. They are the most powerful tools you have to overcome and be delivered. Remember, God so loved this world that He gave us His only Begotten Son (Jesus) that whosoever would believe on His Son, would not perish, but have everlasting life!!! (John 3:16)
Inspired by Sister Laraine Turner
Thank you for visiting our blog today. We pray something has been said to enlighten your walk with Jesus. May God continue to bless and keep you always in His love. God bless you!
Follow us on Facebook
Visit our site