In a recent conversation at Red Lobster with my nephew; he made a statement which got me to thinking…
As Christians, have we stopped doing certain things because of falling into a trend which the world has dictated for us?
So, today, I want to ask you to consider the following and ask yourself:
“Do I Still Do This?”
Here we go…
- When someone sneezes, do you still say…God bless you or do you now say…bless you?
- When you address someone for Christmas, do you say…Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays?
- When you’re at a restaurant with family, do you still hold hands and pray over your food?
- Before getting out of bed or going to bed, do you still take out time to pray and thank God for another day?
- When someone asks how you are, do you say…I’m blessed or do you now say…I’m fine?
- When saying goodbye to someone, do you say…God bless you or do you now say…goodbye?
- When something out of the ordinary happens to you, do you say…I’m blessed or do you now say…I was lucky?
The reason for this post is to make us aware of how we might be conforming to the dictatorship of the world and leaving behind principles in which we once shared…
May God’s grace forever follow you and His mercy forever cover you in Jesus name!
Missionary Laraine Turner
Image by Shutterstock